Authors: Laura Lawrence
Isabella's Last Request
Copyright © 2013 Laura Lawrence
All rights reserved. This book, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.
Exceptions are made for brief excerpts used in published reviews.
This book is licensed for personal use only. This book may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The places mentioned are real places but based on the authors opinions and experiences.
So here is book two and I have loved every moment of writing it. I want to start by thanking everyone who has read my first book and contacted me to ask for more! It is truly humbling to hear people love my work and it makes me happier than anyone could imagine!
I, of course want to again thank my amazing family and friends for their continued love and support and their understanding when I am too busy writing to see people. My amazing husband and son who have to put up with me in a daze while I think about my book or just write one last sentence before paying them attention.
I also want to thank Ana
from www.jellybeanhomegifts.co.uk for her proof reading, editing and general support and availability to bounce ideas off no matter what time of day or night it is! She also interpreted my appalling handwriting to type up my book as she edited it for me and was the one who came up with the name. Without her this book would be still sitting in a notepad waiting to be typed and checked!
Thank you also to Erin from
www.facebook.com/erindunnart who had me constantly pestering her for my front cover when she was so busy!
To everyone who has supported me and read my book I love you all!
My name is Laura Lawrence. I live in Somerset with my husband and eighteen month old son
I have been writing since I was a small child but
until recently I would never finish a full book before getting distracted starting a new one. My third book which is the sequel to The Best Friend, Boyfriend Theory will be available shortly.
To find out more about my writing and get updates from me please visit my Facebook page -
Follow me on Twitter at @
Visit my website -
Erin Dunn - http://www.facebook.com/erindunnart
dited by Anastasia Bird -
This book is dedicated to my amazing best friend Sara who has had a really hard year; you are the Isabella to my Olivia!
My name is Olivia Hope and this is the list my best friend Isabella Webber and I have made. We must complete the full list with no excuses. This is our dream list of 100 things to do before you die. Isabella's last request, so let's begin now.
100 Things To Do
1. Fall in love
2. Have amazing sex
3. Be the heroine of a book
4. Quit the job you hate
5. Travel the world
6. Visit all the ‘must see’ places in the UK
7. Hug a stranger
8. Don’t limit anything, do whatever you want
9. Kiss a girl
10. Ride a rollercoaster
11. Buy everyone in the pub a drink
12. Buy 100 scratch cards and scratch them all at the same times
13. Swim with dolphins
14. Climb a mountain
15. Take a really posh, expensive car for a test drive
16. See all the pyramids
17. Camp out and see the pyramids at night
18. Hold a tarantula
19. Take a candlelit bubble bath with someone
20. Say ‘I love you’ to a boyfriend
21. Do a striptease
22. Learn to pole dance
23. Do a bungee jump
24. Sky dive
25. Do a parachute jump alone
26. Visit Paris with a boyfriend
27. Watch a lightning storm at sea
28. Stay up all night and watch the sun rise
29. Ask honest questions you’d otherwise be embarrassed to ask
30. See the Northern Lights
31. Go to a massive sports game and cheer really loud
32. Have sex outside
33. Touch an iceberg
34. Have sex at work or in a public place
35. Sleep under the stars
37. Ride in a hot air balloon
38. Get drunk on champagne
39. Get high
40. Start the day with alcohol without feeling guilty
41. Have sex in every room in the house
42. Give more than you can afford to charity
43. Give your last pound to a homeless person
44. Laugh uncontrollably whenever you feel like it
45. Have a food fight
46. Bet on a horse with the worst odds of winning
47. Take a sick day when you’re not ill
48. Have a threesome
49. Ask a stranger out
50. Have a snowball fight
51. Photocopy something you shouldn’t at work
52. Scream until you lose your voice
53. Help birth an animal
54. Live out one of your fantasies
55. Go skinny dipping
56. Have sex in the sea
57. Make time for people
58. Fly without panicking
59. Do something selfless like volunteer
60. Go on an elephant safari
61. Go to America
62. Visit Vegas
63. Gamble for 24 hours straight
64. Go to an ‘all you can eat’ in America
65. Go to Disney World in Florida
66. Go to a water park
67. Drive through the desert
68. Visit the Grand Canyon
69. See the Seven Wonders of the World
70. Shop ‘til we drop
71. Watch loads of shows
72. Go to Canada
73. Hike in Canada
74. Learn how to fish
75. Have a flying lesson
76. Go to a naturist beach
77. Have a long distance relationship and make it work
78. Sing karaoke
79. Sing loudly in a public place and not care if people stare
80. Change your image completely
81. Try on wedding dresses
82. Try on the worst outfit you can find in the shop
83. Get married
84. Do the tourist things at each place we visit
85. Talk to a stranger
86. Visit the space centre
87. Turn 21 in America
88. Go in a helicopter
89. Go on safari
90. Have a fake argument with someone in a public place
91. Walk in a straight line without moving to let people pass
92. Sunbathe until you change colour
93. Cry uncontrollably in a public place
94. Make every minute count
95. Go camping
96. Don’t be afraid
97. Find a knight in shining armour
98. Try and blag a free meal
99. Fly first class
100. Love every moment of life
'Are you sure you're up for this? It'll be a long time away from home.'
'Yes Isabella for the thousandth time I want to do this. I never thought I'd travel the world, but what better time than now while we're still young? We've spent the last month making your list and have finally agreed on one hundred things to do. So please can we just go for it before I change my mind!'
'You really are the best friend I could ever ask for Livs! I can't believe you're dropping everything to come travelling with me!'
The look on her face is enough to make me drop anything for her. I love my best friend so much that I'd do anything she asked me to; well within reason, there are some things on the list that I'm not thrilled about.
'Well I'm not really giving up much am I? I mean I'm giving up my temping job and my comfy bed, but really that's about it. It's not like I have a man to keep me here or any other friends as good as you to entertain me.'
'Oh right I see, so you're only coming along so you won't have to find a proper job and some new friends then?'
Isabella sounds disgusted but I know she's joking, even if she is glaring at me.
'Umm... yeah that's about right actually. Now what do we need to pack?'
'Charming! Well as we don't know how long we'll be staying anywhere we will need to try and pack light. So I guess if we take one hairdryer and straighteners to share and maybe one make up bag to share? Then enough clothes to keep us going for about a month? Only one outfit for each day and about five pairs of shoes?'
'Oh Izzy I don't think you understand the whole packing light thing! I was going to say one outfit should last about four days and we only need two pairs of shoes, flip flops and something more dressy. We'll be able to wash our clothes while we're away, so make sure you choose things that you like and want to wear over and over.'
'Eww, I'm not wearing something for four days! Maybe we should just go for a couple of weeks at a time? Or I could get my mum to send us fresh clothes?'
'Isabella this was your idea, now don't be such a princess. If you don't choose soon I'll pack for you!'
Isabella looks at me shrugging her shoulders before handing me her case and going to lie down on her bed. Looks like I will be packing for both of us again. It's just as well I enjoy packing. I look around Isabella's messy bedroom with clothes and make up all over the floor with smaller piles of stuff dotted around. To give her some credit she has started to pack, she just hasn't got very far. If she thinks she can live in this state while we are travelling she has got another thing coming.